Monday, March 7, 2011

Our First Busload

Hi y;all.  We had our first busload of visitors since we have been here.  They were a group of 60 laurels and priests and their leaders from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  Their stake brings the priests and laurels every two years to tour Nauvoo.  I was in the Bakery and Dad was in the Jonathan Browning gun shop.  We both got to give several tours to these young people.  We talked to some of their leaders who came in alone.  They said many of the young people come from really challenging circumstances and are the first generation of their family in the church.  My companion in the bakery bore testimony to them of following the prophet even when he asks us to do hard things; and that we will be blessed and things will be well with us as we do that.  I'm sure that it is not easy for many of these young people to remain strong in the gospel.  They came to Rendezvous tonight and really enjoyed it.  One girl said, "Wow, those old people can really sing!"  They gave the cast a standing ovation.  Then they climbed on their bus to drive all night to get back to Louisiana sometime tomorrow.  It was really neat to have them here. 

We belong to the Brigham cast now and attended Rendezvous cast rehearsal with them this evening.  Everyone is so welcoming and glad to have us.  I was feeling pretty overwhelmed by the end of the week.  There's so much to learn and you feel pretty inadequate.  But we had choir ,and our director, who is a former choral teacher and really wonderful, had some wonderful music for us to sing which really lifted my spirits.  And then we had a fireside with Elder McMullin from the Presiding Bishopric.  Between those two things I felt a lot better.  Thank Heaven for music and general authorities!  I know that the Savior knows what I am feeling and only expects me to do the best I can and He will make up the rest.  That makes me feel a lot better.  Well, time to go to bed.  Love you all, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment