Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hard at Work

Well, just a quick note before we go to work this morning. We are now busily engaged in site work.  Mom sprent the day at the Cultural Hall yesterday and I was at the Blacksmith shop and Wainwright shop.  Made my first horseshoe.  I pitty any horse that would have to wear it.  Gave my first real tour yesterday at the Wainwright and Blacksmith shops.  Two families, one from Iowa and one part or which was from florida and the other part of which was from Washington.  Went O.K.  Even made them a horseshoe.  Best part of it all is the opportunity to bear testimony of the prophet and restoration as a part of the tour.  The spirit really touches you as you discuss these great people that lived and left here and their hard work and sacrifice.  Great experience!  We begin our rehersals for Rendovous on Sunday.  Have been going to the show every night ans singing along in the audience.  Guess we are going to get serious now.  Got a call yesterday from the Sunset Director and I guess they want to hear some banjo playing to see if they can work that into the show, so am going to connect up with one of the guitar players around here and see what I can do.  Also asked for a little bit of "Rabbit on a Log" for the talent show so I guess I'll do that also. We're off this morning, Mom to the Cultural hall and me to the Boot shop.  Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment